This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Turtle Beach headset issues.

captainstuhben

I have a Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2 headset and it works like a charm except in mumble. When I launch mumble all my in game audio goes through my speakers when I know I have my sound enabled in my headset only and my speakers disabled. Is this is a bug or am I missing something obvious. Any help would be appreciated as I am currently smashing my head against the keyboard. :D

• Administrators

Well, you actually don’t have your speakers (sound?) disabled as you hear the sound from them.

How do you think you disabled it and selected your output devices?

Audio output, esp. with your games and not only mumble, is a system/driver thing. OS?

Could it be that you have "exclusive mode" for Audio Input or Audio Output enabled. This will cause mumble to take full control of that sound device and leave the other programs with the backup sound device. Go to the Audio Input and Audio Output settings and disable it. You need to check the advanced box in the bottom left corner to see it.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.