This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Web browsers stop working when Mumble client is open.

shaderz

I have tried Mumble client

whenever i join the server My web browsers both Google Chrome and Internet explorer do not work. They open but will not load web pages giving an error message.

The internet connection stays open as i can hear people talking on Mumble and my modem has an active internet connect. also the EVE client i run stays open and connected to the internet.

I have tried everything i have enabled mumble access through all levels of firewall i have uninstalled and re-installed mi;lions of times i have rebooted the modem and tried it with no firewall what so ever but nothing works.

Can anyone help ?

Regards

ShadeZ

• Administrators

Chrome's error 105 seems to be net:: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.

It doesn't make sense that Mumble would interfere with your ability to resolve hostnames. A shot-in-the-dark suggestion would be to try to disable QoS in your Mumble client. It's in Configure -> Settings -> Network. "Use Quality of Service". Uncheck it and restart your client.