This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

New features or not new features ?

roberthendrickx

Hello,

There are some features that I can't find in the program, and I don't see a feature request for them... then before to file a new feature request, I want to check that's there is not already a way to achieve them...

- Whispering by voice activation : Having the voice activation whispering by default, with the shortcut key to speak normally... Usefull if most of your conversations are inside a team. Basically, having a drop down box to define if the voice activation (or even continuous transmit) speaks or whisper...

- Mute someone only for you : To decide not to ear someone, but leaving him speak to the others. Can be useful when different players are in the same physical room, to avoid earing them 2 times, though air and through Mumble...

Anyway, this soft is incredible ! Thanks a lot to everyone that helped !

Robert

• Administrators
- Mute someone only for you : To decide not to ear someone, but leaving him speak to the others. Can be useful when different players are in the same physical room, to avoid earing them 2 times, though air and through Mumble...

Right click him -> local mute

Oups... sorry

I thought it was that, but when I tried with a friend, he told me he was completely muted... I supposed then that the "local" part was that he was muted like he had muted himself locally (by opposition to the simple "mute" that prevent him to unmute himself)... I'm not sure i'm clear...

Final point is thanks for the answer

• Administrators

There's local mute (for you, client side, does not affect others),

suppress (muted by server, enforced),

self-mute,

admin-mute (which is the same as suppress, only initiated by an admin; thus suppress-mute an be removed by admin).