This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Game plugin for a mmorpg

kilou

Hello,
sorry if i'm a wrong section.
Currently i have a private server of a mmorpg ragnarok Online and i would like to integrate a voice chat.

I saw that mumble ( or murmure) have plugin for a lot of games but not this one. If i understand, the plugin for game is what i expect and maybe you can guide me to make a new one for ragnarok online. 
The emulator is written in c++ ( source ) and hosted on a debian server.

I hope to find answer here.

Thank you.

• Administrators

If you are looking into creating a Mumble plugin, I advise you to the following section of our developer documentation: https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/master/docs/dev/plugins/README.md

or more precisely:https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/master/docs/dev/plugins/PositionalAudioPlugin.md

I think the first thing that you should decide on is how you want the player positions to be fed from the game to the plugin. If you have access to the source code, using shared memory between the plugin and the game might be the easiest way to move the data around.

Otherwise (especially if the game's code does not change (often)) you can also fetch the positions from the game's in-memory representation which does not require any changes to the game itself. You can take inspiration from e.g. the new Among Us plugin: https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/tree/master/plugins/amongus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It's always possible to ask but I can't tell you if someone is willing to take the job on (I can only tell you that I personally don't have the time to do it). However I would suggest you write an email to contact@mumble.info with more details (which game, what is the price-range you are thinking about, any special requirements).

I guess that it might be required for you to buy the game for the person that is going to work on this for you (unless of course they already have it) in addition to any separate payments for the actual work performed.

Hello, i tried to contact Staff for this request but i had no answer.

Currently, the proximity chat is not my priority. I would like to integrate a basic voice chat with channels and a second plugin : there is a mode that makes 2 random teams that fight each other, this mode is launched a lot of time and for around 5 minutes. I would like to auto-add players into the a voice channel related to their team.

That the base of my request, if the proximity voice chat does not change much the price, it can be added too.

i want this not really for a improvement of the game, but because i would like to use only sustanaible energy for the server ( the hoster run with it ). I would like to leave discord for that, and minimize as possible the using of discord by players on the server.

Thanks

• Administrators
20 hours ago, kilou said:

Hello, i tried to contact Staff for this request but i had no answer.

Yes it seems like none of us wants to take on the job.

Thus you'll have to do it yourself or find someone else to do it for you.

20 hours ago, kilou said:

there is a mode that makes 2 random teams that fight each other, this mode is launched a lot of time and for around 5 minutes. I would like to auto-add players into the a voice channel related to their team.

Using the new plugin API (documented at https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/tree/master/docs/dev/plugins) this should be somewhat easy to do provided you find/have a good way of communicating from your game to the "outside world". This is however assuming that the required channels already exist, since the API does not (yet) support creating or deleting channels.