This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Murmur simple IP problem need help

good3yesniper

Im trying to run my own Murmur server. But im having problems whit the IP, I allrdy did the portfoward and made a static IP but when i use my IP which i got using this website http://whatismyipaddress.com/ to know my IP.

when i try to run murmur i get Server: TCP Listen on 72.50.1.135:64738 failed: The address is not available. though when i dont put the ip in the ini i can get the server running but other ppl cant join.

What am I doing wrong pls help!!!

• Administrators
though when i dont put the ip in the ini i can get the server running but other ppl cant join.

Please elaborate.

If it does not work with that IP your PC probably can’t bind to that IP address. Just leave it out, then it will listen on all available IPs, which should work perfectly.

You only need to bind if you have more than one IP and want to limit the server to one.

• Administrators

If you don't bind to a specific IP address it will listen on all IP addresses.

So any Address your computer can be accessed with will work.

In LAN you can connect with your LAN-IP, via internet you can connect with your internet IP.

K that out of the way, I made my server public. i did everything right but when try to find my own server in public I dont find it, later on in my server log i get this Registration: Source-based callback failed. Server not reachable.?

could i pls get a tutorial on how to set up the server and make it public. Ive all ready read a lot on the guides but dont help to much. I can get the server running, i know the basic but i just wanna where im going wrong. I just need like a simple tut or an example of a server u may be running would be helpfull.

• Administrators

Can anyone connect to your server?

Are you sure your firewall (and router) are set up correctly?

It seems your server was started and tried to register itself, the register-server checked back if that server exists and couldn't find it. Seems like a port/firewall issue.