This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

All sounds stop

jessepink

I'm not 100% positive this is a Mumble issue, but I'm pretty sure it is because it only happens when Mumble is running.

If I leave Mumble (Windows v1.2.3) open and go AFK for an extended period of time, eventually all sound on my system turns off. I have not found any way in particular to "un-mute" my computer sound other than rebooting. No browser sounds, no game sounds, nothing. Closing Mumble seems to do nothing, and I've updated my audio drivers to the latest ones available on the motherboard's webpage (EVGA P55 LE).

Has anybody else had a similar problem before? I haven't waited around to see when EXACTLY the sound stops, but it could be when the server moves me to the AFK room, or when my computer "sleeps" or... I don't know what else it could be.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, if there are any more relevant computer specs needed, I'll happily provide them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

• Administrators

No problem when you’re there, not AFK for an equal time?

but it could be when the server moves me to the AFK room, or when my computer "sleeps" or.

So the server does that?

So your computer does that? Elaborate sleep, as you put it in quotes. Sleep mode?

No problem when you’re there, not AFK for an equal time?

but it could be when the server moves me to the AFK room, or when my computer "sleeps" or.

So the server does that?

So your computer does that? Elaborate sleep, as you put it in quotes. Sleep mode?

The server (mmo-mumble) is set to move me to an AFK room (and suppress me). I wouldn't think this has anything to do with it.

My computer displays turn off after 15 minutes of complete inactivity, not really sleep mode (hence the quotes, although I admit I should've just said the displays turn off...), so I wouldn't think that has anything to do with it either.