This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Positional Audio for Borderlands.

rawnar

The plugin has been tested on the international version of Borderlands. It could be that the germain version is not binaries compatible with the plugin. Which version of Borderlands does your friend have? BTW, inside the game you need to be logged in, for mumble to give the linked to Borderlands message in the console. If you do see the linked to Borderlands message and there is still no positional audio, then I will need to search for a new state value.

kruegerfreddy, see your PM for extra info.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

We are (four players) playing all on the cencored german version 1.3 . Two on an XP system one Win7 and one Vista. neather has postional audio while loged in online in game. The mumble client dosnt even say in the console that it has linked to the game. Not when the game starts or we go online.

Is it posible that a plugin can detect two versions of a binary and select the corect values or does this issue imply that the game would need two plugins in mumble. One for the german one for the international version?

• 2 weeks later...

With the help of kruegerfreddy there is a patch in the tracker that will add support for the german version of Borderlands. We found that between the two versions there is a fixed offset of 0x1000. Making it really easy to make a single plugin that will work on both versions of Borderlands. I see that the patch has been accepted while I type this message. You will need to switch to the latest snapshot version of Mumble to get the updated plugin.

BTW: A previous patch already updated the plugin to work with version 1.3.1 of Borderlands. Again only available if you have the latest snapshot version of Mumble.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

I heart on the IRC channel that they switch to Visual Studio 2010 and that plugins compiled with Visual Studio 2010 crashes the stable version, which is compiled with Visual Studio 2008. So it is more a Visual Studio compatibility problem then a mumble one. They also changed the Magic Numbers in the plugin header, to curcumvent the problem of crashing. This means that a plugin compiled with the latest git repo will be rejected by the stable version. So if you want to backport the plugins you need to make a new branch which does not include the patch's related to Visual Studio 2010.

And thank you for helping me finding the offset of the german version.

At the moment I am working on a plugin that will also support the steam version.

• 2 weeks later...