This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Hearing my own text to speech

rhianntp

I do not have a mic and use text to speech to talk to people.. how can I be able to hear what I type to people ... before I reloaded my whole system it was doing that .. I dont remember how to make this work ... thank you :)

What is the OS you are running Mumble on?

The OS's mumble supports have different text-to-speech software.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

If you have not played with the text-to-speech settings of windows, then the sound should be played on you default output device. So the output device selected in mumble has nothing to do with the output device set for text-to-speech.

For manually setting the audio output of text-to-speech, I have to take a look on my Windows 7 setup. But I think the settings are in

Control Panel->Ease of Access->Text to Speech->Audio Output.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

• Administrators

You don’t hear what you type to ppl.

There was a feature request for that from someone though. Dunno if it is in the feature request tracker.

Which version of mumble did you use before reinstalling your OS?