This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Any news on iPhone version?

biohazard135

Hello,

I am currently using Skype for VoIP but due to several issues including huge latency, call drops, ear splitting audio quality, feedback to name a few I have begun searching for something else. I primarily use Skype to talk to my best friend and we can host a VoIP server to talk to each other on our shared VPS. The only issue is, I actually need to use my iPhone for VoIP as I'm not always on my computer (but almost always on Wi-Fi).

After looking at Ventrillo & TeamSpeak I found they aren't on iPhone but theres some hope; apparently there is a beta Mumble app on iPhone but I'm too late to join the beta program.

I would like to know if anybody here has tried it, how buggy is it? and when can we expect it to hit the App Store?

• 6 months later...
Hello,

I am currently using Skype for VoIP but due to several issues including huge latency, call drops, ear splitting audio quality, feedback to name a few I have begun searching for something else. I primarily use Skype to talk to my best friend and we can host a VoIP server to talk to each other on our shared VPS. The only issue is, I actually need to use my iPhone for VoIP as I'm not always on my computer (but almost always on Wi-Fi Long Distance Phone).

After looking at Ventrillo & TeamSpeak I found they aren't on iPhone but theres some hope; apparently there is a beta Mumble app on iPhone but I'm too late to join the beta program.

I would like to know if anybody here has tried it, how buggy is it? and when can we expect it to hit the App Store?

Have not tried it as of it but am curious to know as well. Skype has definitely come along way though. Hang in there!

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I am currently using Skype for VoIP but due to several issues including huge latency, call drops, ear splitting audio quality, feedback to name a few I have begun searching for something else. I primarily use Skype to talk to my best friend and we can host a VoIP server to talk to each other on our shared VPS. The only issue is, I actually need to use my iPhone for voip as I'm not always on my computer (but almost always on Wi-Fi).

I am pretty sure the new version of Skype for iPhone lets you make VoIP calls from your iPhone instead of just your PC.

-Jim