This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Everyone in mumble hearing my music

alis123

I'm kinda new to mumble, started using a few weeks ago and i have a problem with everyone hearing my game sounds and music i play. I use headphones so its not in the background but direct input for some reason. Is there some setting to stop this or is it something to do with my soundcard/windows? Using win xp and motherboard integrated soundcard some gigabyte hd audio thing...

You have probably selected "Stereo mix" or "What you hear" as you default audio input device.

You can set a specific audio input in mumble or change you default audio input device. In mumble you could run the audio wizard again to select a different audio input device, or you could check the advanced box at the bottom left of the configuration window this will show all settings options.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

I just checked the settings and windows default was realtek hd audio input and mumble was set to default. I'll try setting them both to digital input, maybe that will fix it. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Just tried changing the input settings and mic wont work at all. Anything else i could try?