This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Voice Lag and Broken

Quil

When I speak on Mumble apparently my voice comes out lagging and the sentences are delayed. For example if I say "Hello everyone I had a great day!" they would hear "Hello.......everyone I........had great day!".  Everyone else sounds fine to me and I do not have any issues on other voice programs like Discord.  Does anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to fix it?

• Administrators

Which version of Mumble are you using? Which version is the server? Does the problem persist on different servers?

To me this sounds like a connectivity issue where the lag in the connection from you to the server to the receiver is too great in order to allow a smooth conversation

• Administrators

You should be able to find that out by connecting to the server and then clicking on the "i" icon in the toolbar (Server information).

What ping is reported on that server?

16 hours ago, Krzmbrzl said:

Does the problem persist on different servers?

^