This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Plugin - Mumble Link - Settings not persisting

KFiguerado

Hello,

I am currently in the process of integrating Mumble Link (and subsequently positional audio) into my game and I am running into an issue

From user to user, Link refuses to stay enabled. The steps to reproduce are as follows: clear out cache -> log in as user that can always get Mumble Link to connect -> log out of game -> clear cache -> log in as user that can sporadically get Link to connect -> Link does not connect.  I've tried this on multiple computers and multiple different users and there's only one user that can get Link "linked" consistently. I'm using a Mumble.ini file and leveraging some functionality that will copy this ini file to the cache once the game starts. I've also looked into the registry settings that get changed on login (even going so far as to change them myself to see if I can get consistent behavior) and it still is inconsistent.

The game and Mumble Link implementations are both cpp and the only variations I have from the wiki post on how to implement Mumble Link is the specific information (like context and identity) that Mumble Link requires.

• Administrators

Hm okay then all I can say about this is that most likely there is some sort of issue with communicating with the Link plugin via shared memory that makes the plugin think the connection has broken. Since I don't know the code of your game, there is not much else that I can say at this point...

Okay I'll look into that and see if I come up with anything. My guess at the moment is maybe my game isn't setting the identity properly in the shared memory so it caches that value.

Currently my Link implementation is pretty basic and I open up an instance of Mumble with the Link.dll inside the plugins folder (along with the associated ini file to enable it). 

If I find a solution I'll be sure to post it to help out anyone that has the same issue. 

2 hours ago, KFiguerado said:

Okay I'll look into that and see if I come up with anything. My guess at the moment is maybe my game isn't setting the identity properly in the shared memory so it caches that value.

Currently my Link implementation is pretty basic and I open up an instance of Mumble with the Link.dll inside the plugins folder (along with the associated ini file to enable it). 

If I find a solution I'll be sure to post it to help out anyone that has the same issue. 

Just to add onto this I followed this link when developing my implementation of the Link plugin: https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Link