This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Plugin Relative Path

LilyC

I am trying to make a portable version of Mumble with the Link.dll enabled by default. In mumble.ini, I have tried setting the first line to be "./Plugins/Link.dll" and "%appdata%/Mumble/Plugins/Link.dll", but both do not enable the plugin. I do not think Mumble is properly seeing where the plugin is.

[plugins]
Link__c8cec245e7abc9a2c016ad60ba0fd87907bd8c68\path=./Plugins/Link.dll
Link__c8cec245e7abc9a2c016ad60ba0fd87907bd8c68\enabled=true
Link__c8cec245e7abc9a2c016ad60ba0fd87907bd8c68\positionalDataEnabled=true
Link__c8cec245e7abc9a2c016ad60ba0fd87907bd8c68\allowKeyboardMonitoring=false

I am also unsure what the hash value appended to the name of the plugin is- does the hash have to match up with the file location or otherwise affect how Mumble loads the plugin?

• Administrators

Mumble currently does not support portable installs and I think you might have a hard time to circumvent that...

The next issue is that the ini file is not really meant to be manipulated manually. Thus the format is not really self-evident. The hash you are seeing appended to the plugin name is (iirc) the hash of the absolute path of the plugin.

And also internally Mumble uses absolute paths, so specifying relative paths in the ini will not work

Thank you for the quick response.

I am a little confused about how the relative paths work in mumble.ini because if I specify a relative path for the database file such as

[General]
databaselocation=./mumble.sqlite

it creates the sqlite file next to my mumble.exe (which is not in my Mumble cache). If I remove the databaselocation line, it creates a sqlite file next to the mumble.ini file (which is in my Mumble cache).

• Administrators

Relative paths are always relative to the program in which they are processed. In this case the Mumble executable.

Also note though that there is no general issue with relative paths in Mumble's config. Only for plugins this is not supported.

• Administrators
On 10/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, Krzmbrzl said:

Only for plugins this is not supported.

Not yet anyway - we do intend to provide a portable Mumble installation. In that context this will have to be made possible 🙂