This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

mumble and bluetooth headsets

jiipee74

There is really some problem with mumble and bluetooth headsets. I just got Philips SHB9001 headset and when I start mumble, I will loose great incoming audio quality. If I change mic to wired mic from mumble, I get great audio quality back.

I have try about everything but I just can't get both work together so devs support is required here.

Please provide us your OS and if you can the Audio back-end used by mumble.

And for a shot in the dark, it could be that you headset has problem with the polling rate of mumble.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

• 2 months later...

Sorry about late reply. My OS is Win7. I have also found issue for this. Bluetooth don't support high quality audio to 2 direction. So you can use high quality for listening, but if you take also mic in use, quality is dropped to poor quality what nobody won't use. At least I don't.