This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

mumble lag more than one client same ip

lysaer

Hi there, recently started using mumble and moved our entire guild over to it since i was so happy with it.

But unfortunately I have come across a rather severe issue.

When there are multiple people logged into mumble from my home IP address ( using NAT ) the lag is unbearable, everyone sounds like robots and it is impossible to hear what is going on,

I have tried messing with the jitter buffer and delay settings but the only sure fix is if there is only one person logged on, this resolves the issue without fail.

any help would be most appreciated

In the mumble network configuration "force TCP" and/or "disable QoS". Your router probably has problems with the multiple UDP streams.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.