This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

add user automatically + interface question

kilou

Hello,

I 'm trying to make a plugin for a game ( a mmorpg ) and i have two questions.

I saw 2 ways to use mumble as voice chat for a game ( make a new interface displayed in the game or start mumble automatically ).
Can you tell me what is the script that allow user to get connected to the server by using the IP and password of the server?

Is there a way to add an user automatically to a server?

Thanks

• Administrators
On 10/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, kilou said:

make a new interface displayed in the game or start mumble automatically

I think the interface that you are referring to is the Overlay feature of Mumble. That is not created by games but is instead a generic interface drawn by Mumble on top of fullscreen applications like games.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, kilou said:

Can you tell me what is the script that allow user to get connected to the server by using the IP and password of the server?

Is there a way to add an user automatically to a server?

If Mumble is not running yet, you can start it and by doing so pass the server address and port as a "Mumble URL". Copying from the application's help message:

Usage: mumble [options] [<url> | <plugin_list>]

<url> specifies a URL to connect to after startup instead of showing
the connection window, and has the following form:
mumble://[<username>[:<password>]@]<host>[:<port>][/<channel>[/<subchannel>...]][?version=<x.y.z>]

Thus in that URL you can specify a username, a password (should the server use a password), the host (server) address and even the exact channel to move the client into.

The new plugin API introduced with Mumble 1.4.0 does not have a function to connect to a specific server,  but if needed we could easily create it.