This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Headphones muted when I leave mumble

dorango

Hello !

I'm posting because i'm having a little (but annoying) problem.

When i'm using mumble everything is fine, the program redirects the sound from my headphones into the speakers to put the mumble one in the headphones.

But the problem is that when I leave mumble, the sound is still in my speakers :/ Even if I put headphones the sound continues to come out of speakers.

The fact is it's very annoying when I want to watch a movie quietly.

So my question is : when can i stop it ? The onlyu solution that I found is to reboot the computer :/

thanks !

Lets assume you are running mumbe on Windows Vista/7. Then there is this checkbox called Exclusive in the Audio Output configuration. If this is checked mumble will take complete control over the output device you select. So no other program can use this device for there output. By unchecking Exclusive other programs can use your headphones again. Also exiting mumble should free the audio device for usage by other programs.

If exiting mumble does not help we should take a better look into the code.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.