This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Help...changing user password

eogamer

Ok, so a few month ago I set up a murmur server and connected to it and made my user superuser. I used a self generated certificate.

Then later we had a fire here, the server was destroyed and I lost most of what I had. The only thing remaining was my laptop, though it did not have my self generated certificate.

So I got a new server, installed OS and murmur again fresh, then I connected with my mumble client from my laptop and the first time I logged in, I just had to use the global server password and all was fine...but on all subsequent logins its now asking for a USER password, which I have no idea what is.

I have super user access to the murmur installation, can I change my user password somehow or retrieve it somehow?

I think the easiest way it to log in with the superuser account. And remove your normal user account from the registered list. Log in with your normal user account and you can now re-register with you new certificate.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.