This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Overlay crashes WoW in OSX

teamherp

I got Mumble working, everything works fine apart from Overlay.

I used both the stable (which would not let me install overlay) and developer versions (overlay installs).

The problem is, I launch Mumble, then WoW. WoW crashes right away (generates an error report)

I'm on the new MBP (quad core, etc etc) everything up to date.

If I turn overlay off, WoW will start no problem. Install overlay, WoW crashes right away.

Ideas? Thoughts?

interesting note : Every time I restart Mumble, it asks me to upgrade the overlay. It upgrades and shows the overlay settings page. Close Mumble, and it asks me to upgrade the Overlay again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the overlay as well.

• Administrators

I haven't tried the overlay with WoW in a while. I'll have a look later today, if time permits.

The upgrade-thing is a bug. But I believe it only happens the first time you've installed the new overlay? I.e. that it only thinks it needs an upgrade, but really doesn't (because it's already up-to-date).

• Administrators

I've attempted to repro the crash (with both gxApis, opengl and GLL), but couldn't.

The crash you get from WoW would help a lot, so if you could upload it to some kind of paste service and throw the link here, that'd be great.