This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[Client] Script inside user comment?

johndprob

ive seen someone do this so i know its possible, i want a music player to output a script, probably to a well know format like msns or pidgins, and i want my mumble comment to be able to pick it up, we have multiple music bots on our mumble server and we never know whats playing, how do i add a script into the comment space?

suggestions on how to go about this and what players and plugins to use would be greatly appreciated

to anyone that cares chrome beta goes into an infinite loop while trying to create a new thread, i had to launch IE for the first time in about 2 months :shock:

The first problem I do not have the answer, but the second problem is a known problem. Try to force a log-out on the sourceforge page and loggin again, just with your username and password, do not use the other options.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

• Moderators

It is possible to change the comment of a user on the server side over Ice.

- You could write a server side script/program that is polling for example a file/url/etc.

If this changed it will set the file content as the new comment for a user.

The file could be uploaded by your client where the music player is running.

- Or you could write your own jabber-bot, starting with http://thp.io/2007/python-jabberbot/.

It depends on what your music player is able to output.