This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Can't hear me at mumble

xw10

Hey,

I have a problem with my mumble client; for some reason the people I'm talking with at mumble can't hear me. I've reinstalled the client twice, but it still doesn't work. I've double-checked all the settings as well. I recently tried using skype WHILE using mumble, and then the people at mumble could hear me somehow. I then quitted the skype conversation, and then they couldn't hear me at mumble again.

I really hope you have a solution for this problem.

Best regards,

xW10

EDIT: I'm using Win7 and I have tried running it as administrator, if that information would be needed.

Then go to your microphone configuration of the operating system and play with the settings there. Do not forget to set the microphone booster and volume to maximum, before proceeding with the audio wizard. If you still do not hear anything at the beginning of the Audio Wizard try to select another audio input device.

Oh and do not run mumble in admin mode or compatibility mode.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

Then go to your microphone configuration of the operating system and play with the settings there. Do not forget to set the microphone booster and volume to maximum, before proceeding with the audio wizard. If you still do not hear anything at the beginning of the Audio Wizard try to select another audio input device.

Oh and do not run mumble in admin mode or compatibility mode.

Oh, thanks. I found the problem. Every time I restart my computer my mic volume is reset to 0 for some reason >_>

Thanks nonetheless! :)