This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Crackling/Popping on high end sound card

vishiz86

Well I'm here because I've tried everything I could think of in the settings. Have been googling for 2 days straight and still have not found a solution.

When some people talk I get loud Popping/crackling sounds and it's just irritating to no end.

Mumble claims it comes with an AGC but I don't feel as if it's normalizing anything or it's doing it completely wrong.

My sound card is an Asus Xonar Essence STX but it does it on my onboard soundcard as well so I highly doubt it's card related.

I do not have this problem with Ventrilo or when listening to music and this problem still occurs with the speex codec enabled.

I've tried every version of compression/audio wizard/quality you name it. I am one of the few people that use mumble that actually has this problem and a fix would save me a lot of trouble as our GM has switched us all to mumble and I'm stuck with it now.

The AGC is done on the input stream, so before the audio is send to the server. What I am trying to say is that it is probably not your fault, but due to the other people having setup mumble incorrectly.

If you can figure out who is popping ask them to run the audio wizard and also ask them to read the info given by the audio wizard.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

The AGC is done on the input stream, so before the audio is send to the server. What I am trying to say is that it is probably not your fault, but due to the other people having setup mumble incorrectly.

If you can figure out who is popping ask them to run the audio wizard and also ask them to read the info given by the audio wizard.

My problem is the people who its popping for are complete dbags and refuse to adjust their audio wizard to fix it since the amount of people it's actually happening for is so slim.