This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble effecting mouse

megawac

Lately I have been having a pretty persistent mouse problem while running source engine games (l4d, l4d2 and tf2). Sporadically the mouse will begin moving unpredictably and erratically, either accelerating ridiculously fast or "snapping" at pretty consistent angles somewhere between 30 and 45 degrees instead of moving smoothly.

This error began coming up on June 30th after a windows update (which I then assumed was the cause). I tried to find the problem by rolling back/updating drivers, I bought a new (different brand) mouse, changed all the windows mouse settings, etc.. None of those helped. I eventually isolated the problem to only occur while mumble was running so I tried reinstalling and reverting to older versions which did not help at all.

I'll try to record a video of the issue because it is pretty hard to describe and when I do it over mumble people always accuse it as an excuse but it makes games almost unplayable.

Thanks for reading, I'll try to help in any way possible.

P.S. This guy seems to have a similar issue, except its his mouse is just going to the middle, not snapping/accelerating.

*Edit* Retyped in more detail

**Edit Snapshots didnt help :(

Edited by megawac

For me this is a new issue.

You state that the effect only happens when running source engine based games. Probably one of the auto updates of steam is causing this problem. I do not have a solution at the moment. I have some source engine based games, so I can try to replicate the problem.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

Rewrote it so it better describes the issue.

Another thought. If this issue will not be fixed in a foreseeable amount of time, is there any "cheat fixes", like to limit/remove the program's interaction with the mouse or something?

Thanks!

This is just a guess, but you could try to disable the plugins and/or overlay. These are the only two things that really interact with the games memory. If it helps, could you provide us which of the two systems is causing the problem.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

same here never used the program before and it makes games unplayable. teamspeak and vent all work fine for me so i dont know what it is. its not my cpu it has to be a conflict somewhere.

running a 990x intel with 3 gtx 580,s at 4.4g. its a nice rig so i know its something like the other guys above me are sayin please if you need more info let me know i will be glad to print up a dxdiag and send in whatever need to get thisz working please and thankyou.