This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble crashes pulseaudio 30 seconds after start up

athren

I'm fairly new to using linux and im currently using ubuntu 11.04. I'm trying to use mumble so I can chat with my friends while we play wow, but every time I start up mumble my audio cuts out shortly after it opens and the only way to get it back is to do a reboot. My audio works completely fine as long as I dont open mumbler. I've spent all night searching for a solution, but I cant find any answers or fixes.

• 1 month later...

Could you check if audio comes back if you exit mumble. On ubuntu mumble will be presented as a phone application to PulseAudio and I think the PulseAudio server is setup to mute all other applications when a phone application is started. You need to go into the server settings to disable this.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.