This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

"Failed to fetch server list"

barfus

I've been using Mumble for nearly a year without any problems. Of late, whenever I launch the program or open its server connection dialog, a dialog that reads, "Failed to fetch server list" appears. This has never happened before. According to netstat:

tcp4      24      0 192.168.254.69.11196   mumble.community.443   CLOSE_WAIT 
tcp4       0      0 192.168.254.69.14026   mumble.community.443   TIME_WAIT  
tcp4       0      0 192.168.254.69.36227   mumble.community.443   TIME_WAIT  

Can anyone help me?

• Administrators

What version of Mumble are you using?

This message is shown, when the fetched server list doesn't contain any data. The address from which Mumble is supposed to fetch the list is https://publist.mumble.info/v1/list.

The address you are seeing with netstat is that of the forums here, so in theory you shouldn't see that when running Mumble, since Mumble doesn't ping the forums (afaik).

• Administrators
1 hour ago, barfus said:

Interestingly, I can't access that URL in any web browser.

In that case it seems like your computer / router / whatever is blocking requests to that address (for some reason) and thus Mumble's error message does indeed seem to be correct.

Maybe try to troubleshoot this issue by following e.g. https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-if-You-Can't-Access-a-Particular-Website. I have never encountered a situation in which only a particular website was inaccessible, so I can't be of much help here...

The only thing I could advise you to try is to disable your firewall (temporarily!) to see if that solves the issue.