Mumble forums

Default avatar (default_avatar.svg)

awemedinade

Is there any way to change the default avatar to something less eye-intrusive? I've looked around and haven't found any way to skin it or override it. I find it extremely annoying because my layout uses large avatars, and many users on the server I use don't have one. I figure rebuilding the mumble executable or wherever default_avatar.svg is stored could work, but I don't have the necessary software and obtaining it on my super slow internet connection is out of question.

halp

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

You could just replace the default svg img with a free one you find online, which is to your liking. Not need to edit it yourself if you don’t want to.

I believe you can override it by placing a specifically named svg in your active skin folder or subfolder of mumble.

Not sure where though.

• 2 months later...
You could just replace the default svg img with a free one you find online, which is to your liking. Not need to edit it yourself if you don’t want to.

I believe you can override it by placing a specifically named svg in your active skin folder or subfolder of mumble.

Not sure where though.

I've tried overriding the svg like that, but mumble just ignored the file. I find the skinning process rather unintuitive and undocumented overall. I haven't found any skins that replaced the file either, so I could find out a proper method to do so. The tutorial available on the wiki doesn't seem to mention of any way to replace the file. Do you know where I could find information regarding how I can replace the file? I use mumble regularly and I am pretty satisfied by it's functionality, but the default avatar is driving me mad :p