This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Runtime Error - Mumble 1.2.3 on XP SP3

aib

At Mumble 1.2.3 startup (1.1.x works fine) I get:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Mumble\mumble.exe

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK   

and the application hangs. (I had to manually transcribe the error message from a screenshot.)

It seems to be a VC++RT-related error, and I found this post (https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mumble/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=210&start=0) mentioning VS2010, so I downloaded the VS2010 redist runtime, but it didn't help. This is a Windows XP computer with SP3, recent install, no dev tools (no VS whatsoever), runtimes enough only to run games.

So, what do I do?

Fixed.

The problem turned out to be the VC9.0 runtimes bundled in the installation. Deleting

Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest

msvcm90.dll

msvcp90.dll

msvcr90.dll

from both the Mumble and the plugins directory fixed the conflict with the VC10.0 runtimes already installed on my system.