This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Auto joining a channel

phalle

Hey.

I have been poking around with Mumble today (great software), but I have not found anyway to make anyone who join get automaticly moved to another channel. I don't want them in Root. Is this possible? I know I can prevent ppl from talking in Root, but then they have to move them self.

/Ph

using dbus to set a default channel:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=net.sourceforge.mumble.murmur --type=method_call / net.sourceforge.mumble.Meta.setConf int32:<ServerID> string:"defaultchannel" string:"<ChannelId>"

set for your preferred Channel

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=net.sourceforge.mumble.murmur --type=method_call /<Serverid> net.sourceforge.mumble.Murmur.getChannels

to get the ChannelId

greetings

• 1 month later...

Care to explain the ICE instructions? :D

EDIT

Nevermind. Bit of digging in the Murmur ICE docs and some PHP from the included PHP file gave me this

<?php

Ice_loadProfile();

try {
       $base = $ICE->stringToProxy("Meta:tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6502");
       $meta = $base->ice_checkedCast("::Murmur::Meta");

$server = $meta->getServer(1);
       $server->setConf("defaultchannel", "1");
} catch (Exception $ex) {
       echo "<p><pre>\n";
       print_r($ex);
       echo "</pre></p>";
}