This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble asking for password that doesn't exist?

ministerphobia

I'm in the process of trying to get a mumble server up and running. So far, everything has been fairly painless. I just got through the step with the SuperUser of adding my own user to the admin group, and now when I go back to that user, it's asking me for a password. I don't remember ever setting a password for that user. Is there some way I can set the password?

Using Debian Linux x64, so, any command line solutions would need to be for that.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Uuurm,

how did you register that account?

Normally, it only asks for a password when you’re trying to log in to an account with a user certificate not associated with that account. Not sure if a pw has to have been set for the account.