This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Voice is crackled and incomprehensible when 8+ people are on

vuduwarped

Hello,

My guild has recently moved to a Mumble server and I'm having issues I haven't been able to solve.

When a decent amount of people log onto the server my voice begins to cut out and people can't understand me. If there's only 3-5 people in the server everyone can hear me just fine.

I've been using vent for 5+ years without issue, but I don't have an option not to fix this anymore because my guild is here for good it seems.

When I check my information tab in Mumble, I have an average of less than 1% packet loss. I'm on a hard-wired 10mbps connection.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I'm running Mumble 1.2.3 (stable) on Windows Vista 64

It happens to a few others, but the majority come in loud and clear.

probably 1/10 of the people on our server become incomprehensibly broken up when a large amount of people log on, and all of these people (myself included) sound fine with fewer people online.

• 1 month later...

Not to totally necrothread here, but we're seeing the same problem - across two different providers and three seperate servers. There are two-three people who will start dropping to static, then cutting out entirely, to other people on the server (though not everyone.) This persisted for most of last night until our group started breaking up, and as people began to leave the server, everyone could hear everyone else again.