This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Random disconnects

pidgebc

I've been using mumble for a couple months now. Most of the time it's fine and I like the program. However, periodically at random intervals I'll be disconnected and get the message:

Server Connection Failed: The Remote Host Closed The Connection

Within 5 seconds it reconnects.

It's incredibly annoying, I never have disconnect issues with any other program. I have a very stable broadband connection.

You are sure that this is not caused by the server side? I have only experienced such errors when the data center, my mumble server is hosted, had packet loss problems. And there were times they lost a lot of them.

Next time you should check the Server -> Information form for a massive packet loss. I guess this is the root cause of your disconnects. It's not a general mumble issue.