This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

PTT ignored with 1.4.230

N8LHG

Ok folks. 🙂

Not trying to cause friction, but several of my users are now complaining about the "PTT" function being ignored if other apps are in the foreground. Mumble seems to ignore the PTT function in the new 1.4.230, yet works fine in the 1.3.4.

If "steam" is foreground, the mumble PTT button seems to be ignored. To resolve, they need to bring mumble back to the foreground. Additional, if "discord" is being used at the same time, mumble seems to ignore the ptt key function. I've asked them to click the "Exclusive" radio button, but that seems to make no difference.

So... 1.3.4 works totally fine, however 1.4.230 seems to have ptt issues.

Any advice?

57 minutes ago, Krzmbrzl said:

Are the other applications perhaps run with elevated permissions (aka: as admin)? If so, you have to start Mumble as administrator as well

Interesting,

I shall let them know, and see how it works out. 🙂

On 1/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, N8LHG said:

Interesting,

I shall let them know, and see how it works out. 🙂

Seems to have worked on two out of three of them. Still working with one, I'm not sure he understands what he needs to do.

• Administrators

Good to hear that!

If I understood Davide correctly we used to use some sort of elevation scheme that allowed us to avoid having to start Mumble as administrator in order to make shortcuts work, but it seems this has not been set up quite right in the published 1.4.230 release...