This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

what happened to the Android app?

fc360

what's happened with the Android app of mumble? The version on the market is from November 2010 and doesn't work in honeycomb tablets because of a version has expired error. Is anyone working on a app for anroid and if so how long will it be until a update is released?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
In IRC, pcgod mentioned that it needs to be completely rewritten and he's currently not interested in doing it.

There are some forks that have more recent commits, a couple of them within the last 2 months. I haven't tried any of them yet.

https://github.com/pcgod/mumble-android/network

I've been working a bit on a fork from this. I also know of another developer who's been working off this as well.

https://github.com/resba/mumble-android/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever since I got a Galaxy Nexus on 4.0.2 I haven't been able to use the app with full functionality. I can transmit but not hear anyone. Just updated to 4.0.4 with OTA finally being pushed to my phone. Wish there was a working version for ICS. Maybe this is the wrong place to post but just wanted to share my failure to use the app successfully.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

pcgod doesn't want to see that broken code spread so his github project isn't actually under an OSS license (and hence using it is technically not legal).

At this point in time I don't know of any core team efforts to implement an Android client. Sorry.

We would definitely like to see an Android client though so if anyone wants to work on that we'd gladly help out with stuff like protocol questions etc. (just visit us in IRC on #mumble @ freenode).

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
pcgod doesn't want to see that broken code spread so his github project isn't actually under an OSS license (and hence using it is technically not legal).

I'd like to modify/build that code for our business use internally.

Is it legal?

Of course I don't expect any support about that except permitting use of code.

• 2 months later...