This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble messing with Steam in-game chat

dragonlife

Mumble seems to have fucked up my mic from working in in-game chat on Steam games (well, both L4Ds, at least. Haven't tried other games). And I don't know what to do. I've checked the settings, and everything's the same as it was before. In-game voice chat was messed up after I installed Mumble, so it must have been the cause. I even uninstalled Mumble but the mic isn't being recognized when I do a mic test in-game in the options, but it's recognized in Steam -> Settings -> Voice. It also works in Steam voice chat and Skype.

However, it doesn't work when I try recording my voice in Audacity, or Window's Sound Recorder. I'm seriously lost and it's getting on my nerves.

I even googled the problem and only this was similar: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1760747 I had already tried what the second poster said, but I got nothing. I've since reinstalled Mumble and tried changing the bars in the audio wizard, but...it didn't seem to work.

I'm pretty sure it's Mumble, but if it's not, what could it be? I just want everything to go back to normal. I only use Mumble when I play League of Legends with some forum people. I don't want to use it for anything else.

• Administrators

Mumble does not change system settings and thus should not influence how other apps handle/use systems devices/input at all.

Especially not when it's not running or even uninstalled.

The only case where it would block other apps from using input is when you allowed apps to use exclusive mode in the system (probably on by default) and enabled exclusive mode in Mumble (off by default). But again, this should not be an issue even when enabled when you’re not running Mumble.