This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Link Channel Help?

captrosha

Can anyone assist with Linking Channels or tell me if this is even possible.

Let's say I have an Officer channel and then Members channel. I want the Officers to be able to hear what is being said in Members channel but not Members to hear what is said in Officers channel. (That way officers can have private chat but still be able to hear Members if their attention is needed).

I know linked channels enable someone in one channel to speak in another and not hear the chatter in the other, but I want the opposite. Speak in a channel that only they can hear and speak in, yet hear other channels. Possible? I don't have access to the Config file, just have access to use the Mumble Client as an Admin. I am thinking I use the in out and/or ~in ~out feature??

Thank You!