This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Unable to register users

durenthal

Installed mumble server 1.2.3 for debian.

It properly asks for a server password for unregistered users. However, users have no option to self-register. I have used the superuser account to edit the ACL for the root folder - it allows me to set auth to self-register. But it won't allow the @all group to self-register, and users who connect get no option to register. I don't appear able to edit the ACL settings for the @all group.

As you have learned, you cannot edit the entry for the @all group that is at the very top. You can, however, add another @all entry below it that will override the settings for the default @all permission. Do this, then check the Allow box for the self-register permission and you should be good to go.

Mike Johnson

Command Channel

Providing Mumble Servers since 2009.