This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble messes with sound

ralambert

Whenever I use mumble the only sounds I hear from my headset are the ones originated from mumble everything else comes out of my laptop's speakers. I've searched far and wide for a solution to this problem and haven't stumbled across one yet. I've used programs such as Ventrilo before with no problem.

My laptop's running Windows7 and the specs are:

IntelĀ® Core2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz

3gigs ram

The Sound Driver I'm using is: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

If you need any other info just ask.

• Administrators

That sounds strange. Mumble does nothing I'm aware of that could cause sth. like this. It never locks the device exclusively. Sounds like a driver or driver configuration issue to me. Make sure you use an up to date driver, we, in contrast to ventrilo, use the new WASAPI audio interface on Vista and later for our low latency audio.

If updating drivers doesn't help you can try playing a bit with enabling/disabling positional audio/headset mode in the config, this sometimes helps with buggy drivers. If that has no effect either try running Mumble in WinXP compatibility mode, this will force Mumble to use the old direct sound interface (this might have some other side effects though since we don't test for this).

I've updating my drivers already, I've even rolled back my sound drivers and neither worked. As far as playing with the positional audio that was the first thing I tried and had no luck with it. Compatibility mode didn't change anything either.