This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Chat Capture Question

daekesh

Hi. Recently installed mumble. I don't know much about it. I had a google around and looked at the ice interface a bit. I'm wondering if it's possible to access the chat (text chat) that goes on in mumble from the ice interface (or any other way.) The server/meta callbacks only really mentioned users joining, servers starting, etc. I didn't see a channel or text callback or anything.

Reason being is that I wrote a TS3/irc bridge and want to do the same thing for mumble. It was fairly easy with the ts3 query login, but I'm not sure if it will work with mumble. I just wanted to check if it were possible before I really dived into anything.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
Hi. Recently installed mumble. I don't know much about it. I had a google around and looked at the ice interface a bit. I'm wondering if it's possible to access the chat (text chat) that goes on in mumble from the ice interface (or any other way.) The server/meta callbacks only really mentioned users joining, servers starting, etc. I didn't see a channel or text callback or anything.

Reason being is that I wrote a TS3/irc bridge and want to do the same thing for mumble. It was fairly easy with the ts3 query login, but I'm not sure if it will work with mumble. I just wanted to check if it were possible before I really dived into anything.

Thanks.

How did you get on with this? I'm planning to do something similar, do you have any code that I might be able to re-use?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I just tried to figure out how to add a Channel-/UserCallback so I can capture chatmessages respectively the URI posted so i can collect them.

I could not find any on the Slice Api Doc. I also looked into the code like pcgod has suggested but I couldn't find anything. I need some help finding them (if they are there).

Thank you in advance

diego

[edit]Okay, maybe it is the userTextMessage method on the ServerCallback. But I have no clue to use it with php. I tried playing around with the weblist.php Script and every normal stuff works, but I just don't know how to add my own callbacks to the Server. I added two comments to my Example Code:

<?php
$ICE = Ice_initialize();
class MyServerCallback implements Murmur_ServerCallback {

public function userConnected($state) {
		var_dump($state);
	}

public function userDisconnected($state) {
		// TODO: Implement userDisconnected() method.
	}

public function userStateChanged($state) {
		// TODO: Implement userStateChanged() method.
	}

public function userTextMessage($state, $message) {
		var_dump($message);
	}

public function channelCreated($state) {
		// TODO: Implement channelCreated() method.
	}

public function channelRemoved($state) {
		// TODO: Implement channelRemoved() method.
	}

public function channelStateChanged($state) {
		// TODO: Implement channelStateChanged() method.
	}

}

$base = $ICE->stringToProxy("Meta:tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6502");
$meta = $base->ice_checkedCast("::Murmur::Meta");

$servers = $meta->getBootedServers();
$default = $meta->getDefaultConf();

// I have no idea if this ist the right way to create a callback
$callback = Murmur_ServerCallbackPrxHelper::uncheckedCast($base, 'MyServerCallback');
foreach ($servers as $s) {
	$s->addCallback($callback);
}
while(true) {
	// I need a loop, right?
}
?>

• Administrators

If you get it to work with PHP, please report back.

But PHP is pretty much made for run-once web requests rather than command line programs that may run continuously.

Just that I never heard someone getting the callbacks to work or that it did not work in the past does not mean it does not work at all or now.

I am not sure what your actual issue is.

The slice doc ís universal and not language specific.

Actually, I guess the slice doc is no up to date.

See https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/1.2.4/src/murmur/Murmur.ice#L75

and https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/1.2.4/src/murmur/Murmur.ice#L291

and that is probably what you asked for?

I am gonna see if/how I can update the slice doc to the stable versions stuff.

For me at least PHP worked out for CLI scripts pretty well. I'll still give it a shot before I give up and try it with python.

Thank you for your support, I stuck at getting the ServerCallback running so I can read the TextMessage.

I'll let you guys know if I (at some time) get it runnign with PHP.

Thank you again.

If you get it to work with PHP, please report back.

But PHP is pretty much made for run-once web requests rather than command line programs that may run continuously.

Just that I never heard someone getting the callbacks to work or that it did not work in the past does not mean it does not work at all or now.

I am not sure what your actual issue is.

The slice doc ís universal and not language specific.

Actually, I guess the slice doc is no up to date.

See https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/1.2.4/src/murmur/Murmur.ice#L75

and https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/1.2.4/src/murmur/Murmur.ice#L291

and that is probably what you asked for?

I am gonna see if/how I can update the slice doc to the stable versions stuff.