This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble 1.2.3 Windoes Installer Package Error

jimm2k

I keep getting the following error when I attempt to install the updated mumble.

"There is a problem with the windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel or package vendor."

I have deleted the old version, and its certificate. I then tried restarting with no luck. I have tried to download it a total of 25 times, all with the same error. I tried pausing the download as another user attempted with no luck.

Are there any other solutions to this problem?

Thanks for your assistance.

• Administrators

This is definitely a broken download. Please try this URL:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/Mumble/1.2.3a/mumble-1.2.3a.msi/download

The download and resulting file should be 17.1MB. We had some problems with our caches but these should be solved now (+ we now distribute the files via sourceforge which doesn't need our cache).

Sorry about that.