This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

server connection failed: unable to write

migsutu

Ok,

We have been using mumble for a while now, and one of our users is having a continuous problem. I have been looking it up, and I find random answers like uncheck the quality of service in your router etc. Basically they are able to connect for a while, then they get dropped from the server with the message 'server connection failed: unable to write'. They are unable to reconnect unless they reboot their computer. Sometimes they can connect and not have an issue, sometimes they can only connect for 5 minutes. The user is running Windows Vista. We are running the latest verions of mumble and murmor. I appreciate any help or advice.