This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble affects internet connection

swiftfinch

I've been trying to use Mumble for about a month now, and it's been sporadic at best. It works fine, everyone can hear me and I can hear them, but sometimes running Mumble messes with my internet connection, bringing it to a screeching halt. It's mainly a problem because I'm trying to use it with my competitive TF2 team, but because it makes me lag so much I can't. It's weird though, because it only happens sometimes. Last night during a match it happened, but earlier in the day it was working fine and my connection was great.

I've tried tweaking the settings a lot to decrease my sound quality, turned off the overlay, and set the priority in task manager to low, but nothing seems to do the trick. Is there anything else I can do? I'm running version 1.2.2 on a Windows XP partition on a Macbook Pro.