This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble client prompting for username every time since upgrading to v1.4.230

Ian937

Wondering if anyone has any idea how I might fix this issue...

We have a mumble server on our network which is used by a room of computers that start the client using a channel url (so they always get placed in the correct default channel) and then the computer starts another full screen app. Since you can't see the mumble client once the other program loads, we had mumble set it up so that it would just load and connect without any user intervention.

Since I upgraded the server from 1.3.4 to 1.4.230 last week, the clients (both 1.3.4 and 1.4.230) now prompt for the user to accept the username every time before they connect. This happens with both the 1.3.4 to 1.4.230 clients.

If you run the client without the URL and select the server, they don't prompt for a username, only if the url is specified.

Either way, it's now a manual process to get the client to connect, which is not ideal for us and I can't seem to find any setting that controls this.

Cheers, Ian