This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Lots of Sqlite Writes

nhouck

I have a bunch of murmur servers running on Windows and each of them is doing an insane amount of writes to the sqlite database and journal files. All together it adds up to something like 30MB/s of data being written to the sqlite files. This is bogging down the server.

I'm curious what murmur could possibly be writing so much to the database, and more importantly how can I disable all these writes?

I have tried these settings to no avail:

logdays=0

logdays=1

logdays=

Thanks.

Noel

• Administrators

If these are independent processes instead of virtual server instances the database will have no write consolidation at all. Still 30MB/s sounds pretty extreme. How many servers with what kind of traffic are we talking about?

There is about 150 servers with about 20-30 of them with activity which is comprising the bulk of the writes. I have noticed that rebooting the server seems to bring down the amount of writes so it seems to build up over time which would maybe point to some error logging or something, however the text log is not showing anything near that amount of disk activity.