This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Banning an IP address thats not connected

N8LHG

Perhaps I'm just clueless, but is there a way to ban an ip address/user when they are not connected?

I have had this user "ChannelListeningBot" that signs on, and in less than two or three seconds disconnects. Looking at the log its states "Please don't ban" along with the ip address. Probably VPN showing from Poland. Please advise.

Oh wait... I found an "Add" button, I'm going to try and add it.

Edited by N8LHG
Add additional comment

On 3/13/2022 at 9:22 AM, Krzmbrzl said:

So... Did it work?

I'm sorry Krzmbrzl, something else caught my attention, and I ended up not trying it. I assume it will work, but the guys ip and info was long forgotten. I would assume others have tried it with success. I assume you don't need the hash line info to ban the IP/User? Thats the only info I didn't have at the time. Doesn't look like the bot has been back, but every day brings a new adventure on a public mumble server. 🙂 If it wasn't for the ability to lock channels with access tokens, and group privileges, it would be a constant rambling zoo of wild animals trampling in and out.

• 1 year later...