This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Sound issues with Mumble.

thumped

Ok so my sound will be all fine and everything is working, Once I turn Mumble on all my other sounds shut off. Once i turn mumble off.. my sounds all come back. I have done random config's with the "while others talk" "while you talk" options, set the attenuate to 0, nothing seems to work!! I have re installed, I do not have "exclusive" checked. I do have it set to voice rather then a key bind.

Help!! lol. I just want to hear WoW and Mumble at the same time.. or AIM or any other programs while Mumble is running.

I'm having the same exact issue. Chat support guy said its a built in feature to lower the volume of other applications while you're talking. He also said that you'll get this problem depending on your hardware configuration. Pretty ridiculous that we can't disable it. I (used to use) mumble while running other programs where I still wanted to hear sound.