This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mic crackles/is silent in Mumble unless I press it to mouth

ggravity

Hi all,

I have been trying to get my headset microphone to work with Mumble for the last week now, to no avail.

It is attached through my laptop's microphone port. Signal sounds fine in Audacity/Sound Recorder/Ventrilo but when I do the audio wizard in Mumble all I get is a faint static-y noise if my mouth is farther than 1 cm from the mic itself.

I have found that if I put the microphone against my lips or pretty much in my mouth it picks up a signal and the people in the server can hear me just fine (WTF).

I use PTT.

Any thoughts? I am really at a loss, due to the fact the microphone works just fine (as shown by its ability to work in literally immediate proximity on Mumble and from a distance in all other programs).

Acer TimelineX 3830TG-6431 with W7 Ultimate x64, Mumble Client 1.2.3a

Thanks.