This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Headphones/Mumble

burningbannas

Hello, I've been having a problem with mumble. You see, when i have headphones plugged into my computer (laptop) I hear everything that goes on in them (games, videos, music, etc.) but when I turn mumble on, suddenly everything that was playing in my headphones (games, videos, music, etc.) starts playing out loud and all I hear in them is mumble (peoples voices etc..). I tried to see if the same thing happened when i started Skype, and it didn't ( i heard all noise, including chat, in my headphones). I've also tried changing a lot of different setting to see if the problem could be fixed and i haven't found anything yet. Please help me, I use mumble almost every day and it's a pain to have to turn all my sounds off due to others in chat hearing them.

(My set-up is just a plugged in mic and plugged in headphones ....this is the laptop i have http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/series/category/notebooks/dv7t_series/3/computer_store ) Thank you.

-BurningBannas