This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

PTT key stops responding.

ronin688

Hi all, My SWTOR guild uses mumble as our voice comms and it works great for everyone with the exception of a single person.

This person will bind a key to be PTT, and it will randomly stop working without notice. She will still be connected to the server and able to hear us, but pushing the PTT key has no effect. She has to tab out of SWTOR, open the mumble settings, and re-apply the shortcut. The shortcut doesn't disappear from the list, it just won't respind until she hits the 'Apply' key again.

She's on Win7, 64bit. Running Mumble 1.2.3

Thanks to anyone who may respond.

• 2 months later...

I'm having this exact problem too.

To get it working again, you have to rebind the shortcut key, or restart the client.

The weird thing is that I normally have PTT bound to Mouse4, and thought that this was the issue, however I bound another key 'V' as well, but BOTH stop functioning. In fact NO shortcuts work (including my channel change shortcut).

Also using Win7 64bit, mumble 1.2.3.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Mh, now I actually wonder if that’s a system issue …

Because my audio player AIMP also forgets the global shortcuts regularly but seemingly randomly. Restarting it it works again.

Maybe its on launching specific things or sth …

I’m also on WIn7 x64.