This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Same account all users on a local machine

revchumley

I'm trying to set up a few computers located in various rooms on campus to connect to a murmur server automatically, but I want each user on a certain computer to log into the server as the same Mumble user (for that room) no matter who logs onto the computer.

I've tried making the account and then exporting the cert and importing it into the local machines trusted cert folder, but it still doesn't seem to work, if a new user logs in it still pops up the untrusted cert popup.

Basically i want a computer in Sam Wilson 202 to log into the mumble server automatically as mumble Sam Wilson 202 user anytime a user logs onto that computer (different teachers)

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?