This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Murmur with mysql requires IP instead of name?

fabricapo

Hello,

I am trying to set up murmur with mySQL (using Amazon RDS). I know sqlite is more supported, but I need a shared environment with other applications, so I am forced to use mySQL.

When I set up murmur.ini with the name of the server on Amazon, such as blahblah.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com, I get a "ServerDB: Failed initialization: Unknown MySQL server host 'blahblah.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com' (3) QMYSQL: Unable to connect".

When I set it up with the IP address of that machine, everything works: murmur connects to the db, creates the table, everything is fine.

The issue is that the IP on RDS are not guaranteed, and they can change. I tried to use a CNAME to map the name to a simpler name, but it still does not work.

Am I missing something? Shall I do something to make sure murmurd can use the name instead of the IP of the machine?

I am using murmur on an AMI (CentOS variation). I installed the static 1.2.3 stable.

Thanks,

fabrizio